Mission Vision and Values
Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals are dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve.
We are committed to:
- Setting the standard for excellence in the delivery of patient care, patient safety, and the quality of the healthcare experience
- Providing exemplary clinical settings for educating the healthcare delivery professionals who will form the collaborative healthcare delivery team of tomorrow
- Leading in the introduction of innovative methodologies for healthcare delivery and quality improvement
We accomplish our mission in partnership with Thomas Jefferson University and as a member of Jefferson Health System.
- To be a national leader for excellence and innovation in the delivery of health care and patient safety, continually improving the quality of services and the patient care experience.
- To be the model of service in our focused clinical service lines and in related patient-oriented research and clinical trials.
- To provide exemplary clinical settings that support the education of future health care practitioners, both as individuals and as members of the collaborative health care delivery team.
- To be an ‘employer of choice’, providing a highly rewarding environment for our employees.
The behaviors our employees demonstrate daily to patients and their fellow staff enable Jefferson to continue with its mission and exemplify our values. Jefferson's values define who we are as an organization, what we stand for and how we continue the work of helping others that began here nearly two centuries ago. These values are:
(S) Service Excellence – To provide an exceptional experience to every customer – whether it’s a patient, colleague or visitor – and to do so in each and every encounter. Take pride in consistently delivering high-quality service.
(C) Collaboration – To engage all members of the Jefferson community by promoting opportunities to work together. Take pride in listening, problem solving and building strong teams.
(O) Ownership – To evaluate your work environment and develop and implement achievable recommendations to improve our services. Take pride in being accountable, working hard to communicate your intentions, committing to taking action and following through on the commitments you’ve made.
(R) Respect – To interact professionally with others. Though individuals may not always agree, take pride in being open-minded and compassionate, and appreciate the perspectives and experiences that others bring to the table and are willing to share.