8th Annual Pancreatic Cancer and Related Diseases Symposium
Join Charles J. Yeo, MD, the Samuel D. Gross Professor and Chair of Surgery at Jefferson, and other expert speakers as they provide an update on research and treatments for pancreatic cancer and related diseases.
Our multidisciplinary team of clinicians and scientists will be on hand to discuss the latest in medical therapies, surgical options and lifestyle changes for people affected by these conditions.
Complimentary continental breakfast and sit-down lunch will be served.
Schedule of Activities
- 9 a.m. – Continental Breakfast with Jefferson's Pancreas Experts
- 9:55 a.m. – Program
- 11:45 p.m. – Lunch
- 12:15 p.m. – Advocacy and Awareness (guest speaker)
- 12:30 p.m. – Questions and Answers, moderated by Ernest L. Rosato, MD, Francis E. Rosato Professor of Surgery, and Jordan M. Winter, MD, Assistant Professor of Surgery
- 1 p.m. – Survivor Photo
- New This Year: 1:15 p.m. – Breakout Sessions. Choice of a 30-Minute Session with Questions and Answers:
A.) Moving Toward a Personalized Approach for Cancer, a scientific discussion with Jonathan R. Brody, PhD, and Jordan M. Winter, MD
B.) Lifetime Support Following Surgery, led by Shawnna Cannaday, RN, MSN, FNP-BC, and Theresa P. Yeo, PhD, MPH, ACNP
- Welcome and Program Overview: Charles J. Yeo, MD, Samuel D. Gross Professor and Chair of Surgery
- The Role of Gastroenterology in Diagnosis and Management and the Israeli Trial: David E. Loren, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Surgical Advances for Pancreas Cancer and Related Diseases: Harish Lavu, MD, Associate Professor of Surgery
- An Update on the Molecular War Against Pancreatic Cancer: Jonathan R. Brody, PhD, J. Wallace Davis and Gail G. Davis Professor of Surgery
- Clinical Research Trials for Pancreas Cancer: Promising New Approaches: Nancy L. Lewis, MD, Associate Professor of Medical Oncology
- Diet and Nutrition Following Surgery: Mary Ellen Fitzpatrick, MS, CNSD, RD, LDN, Clinical Dietician, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Seating is limited for this free event. Registration is required. Please contact Jennifer.Miller@jefferson.edu or 215-955-9100 by November 1, 2013.