Comprehensive Bones and Joints Care in the Philadelphia Region
The 7th best hospital in the nation by U.S.News & World Report for Orthopedics – consistently rated for 11 years.
The 14th best hospital in the nation by U.S.News & World Report for Rehabilitation – consistently rated for 20 years.
Recognized as a Top Hospital for Hands, Lupus, Orthopedics, Osteoporosis, Scleroderma and Spinal Cord Injury by Philadelphia magazine.
Our Joint Replacement Program is one of the busiest in the country, with more than 6,700 total joint replacements annually.
Nearly 1,000 cases of spinal injury are transferred to us from the region annually.
Jefferson is the Official Hospital of the Philadelphia Eagles, Flyers and Phillies.
We have one of the largest shoulder and elbow services on the East Coast.
Our team leads the region in foot and ankle surgery, with 20,000 foot and ankle office visits and more than 1,500 surgeries per year.
Record numbers of youth are playing sports, middle-aged persons are taking up new pursuits and working and playing hard, and older Americans are remaining active and on the move as a matter of routine.
Orthopedics is a keystone of the health care needed to keep us healthy and engaged throughout our lifespan. Jefferson is considered a national leader in patient outcomes and research. Our specialized physicians take a multidisciplinary approach to heal your injuries, manage your pain and help restore your quality of life.
The orthopedics team at Jefferson provides the latest in surgical techniques, medical approaches, imaging technology, pain management, state-of-the-art materials, rehabilitation therapies and prevention measures to ensure that every patient receives the highest level of care.
Why Choose Jefferson for Orthopedic Treatment in Philadelphia?
- Rated a Top Hospital for Hands, Lupus, Orthopedics and Scleroderma by Philadelphia magazine
- We are the official team physicians of the Philadelphia Phillies, Eagles and Flyers.
- With more than 8,000 total joint replacements annually, the joint replacement team of Jefferson University Hospitals' Department of Orthopedic Surgery and the Rothman Institute is one of the busiest in the country.
- Our team performs more than 3,000 shoulder or elbow procedures every year.
- Our sports medicine specialists treat more than 20,000 patients and perform 4,000+ surgeries related to sports injuries a year for athletes of all levels, including professional, Olympic and regional high school teams.
- Our spine specialists perform more than 2,500 surgeries annually.
- We are the regional leader in total ankle replacement, often for cases involving severe arthritis, and regularly perform complex revision procedures for patients with prior surgical failures.
- The Jefferson Musculoskeletal Oncology Center is currently the most experienced complete sarcoma service in the region, with experts from all fields who treat patients with some of the most complex and rare cases of cancer.
- Patients have access to a distinguished lineup of hand specialists from Jefferson's Department of Orthopedic Surgery, which draws on expertise from The Philadelphia Hand Center at Jefferson and the Rothman Institute at Jefferson.