Jefferson Neuroscience Network
Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience (JHN) established the Jefferson Neuroscience Network (JNN) to connect patients and doctors at regional hospitals with Jefferson specialists who have the expertise to diagnose time-sensitive neurological disorders.
What Does the Jefferson Neuroscience Network Mean for Patients?
When hospitals join this network, patients have access to:
- The latest clinical protocols and trials available
- Community education programs
- Priority transfers for acutely ill patients to JHN
- Community-based specialists
- Jefferson Expert Teleconsulting (JET), the region's first university-based, high-tech mobile robotic system for acute stroke
JET provides network hospitals with 24/7 access to vascular neurologists and neurosurgeons for emergency consultative services. The primary goal of this program is to complement the care provided by community neurologists and/or emergency physicians to those patients presenting with symptoms of a stroke.
How Does the Jefferson Neuroscience Network Work?
At the request of the community hospital physician(s), a Jefferson neurovascular specialist will "beam in" via a robot placed in the network hospital emergency department. After consultation with the patient and/or family, the physicians will determine the best treatment option for the patient. The goal is to keep the patient at the community hospital.
If the prescribed treatment is unavailable at the community hospital, the patient and/or family, in discussion with the physicians, may decide to transfer the patient to Jefferson or to another facility with the clinical expertise and resources to properly treat the patient.
What are the Hospitals in the Jefferson Neuroscience Network?
- Brandywine Hospital - Coatesville, Pa.
- Bryn Mawr Hospital (Main Line Health) - Bryn Mawr, Pa.
- The Chester County Hospital - West Chester, Pa.
- Chestnut Hill Hospital - Philadelphia, Pa.
- Doylestown Hospital - Doylestown, Pa.
- Holy Redeemer Hospital - Meadowbrook, Pa.
- Jennersville Regional Hospital - West Grove, Pa.
- Lankenau Medical Center (Main Line Health) - Wynnewood, Pa.
- Lower Bucks Hospital - Bristol, Pa.
- Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital (Mercy Health System) - Darby, Pa.
- Mercy Philadelphia Hospital (Mercy Health System) - Philadelphia, Pa.
- Mercy Suburban Hospital (Mercy Health System) - East Norriton, Pa.
- Methodist Hospital (Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals) - Philadelphia, Pa.
- Nazareth Hospital (Mercy Health System) - Philadelphia, Pa.
- Paoli Hospital (Main Line Health) - Paoli, Pa.
- Riddle Hospital (Main Line Health) - Media, Pa.
- Roxborough Memorial Hospital - Philadelphia, Pa.
- AtlantiCare Health Park at Hammonton - Hammonton, NJ
- AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center City Campus - Atlantic City, NJ
- AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center Mainland Campus - Galloway, NJ
- Community Medical Center - Toms River, NJ
- Kennedy University Hospital (Kennedy Health System), Cherry Hill - Cherry Hill, NJ
- Kennedy University Hospital (Kennedy Health System), Stratford - Stratford, NJ
- Kennedy University Hospital (Kennedy Health System), Washington Twp. - Turnersville, NJ
- The Memorial Hospital of Salem County - Salem, NJ
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton - Hamilton, NJ
- Shore Memorial Center, Somers Point, NJ
- St. Francis Medical Center - Trenton, NJ
- Underwood-Memorial Hospital - Woodbury, NJ