About the Department of Pharmacy
The primary activities of Jefferson's Department of Pharmacy are providing pharmaceutical care to our patients. In performing this function, our pharmacists play an integral role in the delivery of patient care throughout the Hospitals.
Some examples of how Jefferson pharmacists support specialized aspects of the Hospitals' patient-care mission include:
- Infectious disease management
- Pharmacokinetic screening and monitoring
- Acute and chronic pain management
- Code blue responses
- Therapeutic interchanges
- Comprehensive drug therapy reviews
- Specialized nutritional support
- Leadership in medication safety initiatives
In addition, our pharmacists work together with members of the medical staff, nursing staff, Hospital administration and numerous other Hospital personnel to promote new and better ways to deliver excellence in patient care.
Chief of Pharmacy
Brian Swift, PharmD, MBA
111 South 11th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
To learn more about becoming a pharmacist at Jefferson, visit our pharmacy website.