About University Health Services at Jefferson
The primary activities of University Health Services are to provide the highest standard of medical care for students, occupational health services for employees and immunization screenings for volunteers of Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson University Physicians. Contracts with outside businesses have been undertaken to provide similar employment-related medical care. This service is intended to promote a safe and healthy environment of good morale and overall wellness and health for the Jefferson community.
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We are closed every Thursday from noon to 1 p.m.
The frequent activities are summarized below. To learn more about our services, please click on the Services link on the right-hand side.
- Pre-employment health examinations
- Routine vaccinations
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program
- Job-specific vaccinations (Vaccinia, Botulinum Toxoid, Rabies, etc.)
- Work-related illness evaluations
- Tuberculosis screenings (pre-employment, annual, and post exposure)
- Job fitness screenings (return to duty, drug and alcohol testing, physical/psychological fitness for duty
- Occupational exposure follow up
- Respirator medical evaluations/fit testing
- Medical surveillance examinations (asbestos/lead/noise/rabies/animal workers)
- Immunization review
- Annual tuberculosis screening
- Job specific vaccinations
- Pre-matriculation health requirement review (incoming students)
- Episodic care
- Annual tuberculosis screenings
- Clearances for affiliate health requirements
University Health Services is located at:
833 Chestnut Street, Suite 205
Philadelphia, PA 19107