Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) for Teens
A Six-Week Course for Teens Ages 14 to 18
This six-week course will help teens (ages 14 to 18) to effectively manage the many stresses of school, social, and family life. We will meet for two hours on Saturday mornings to explore how mindfulness can help sharpen attention and focus, calm emotional reactivity, and improve interpersonal relationships. Students will:
- Learn body awareness and breathing techniques for deep relaxation
- Practice skillful strategies for reducing stress and its effects on the body
- Explore the basic mindfulness practices of Jefferson’s highly effective MBSR foundation course
- Enjoy movement, games, and creative expression in making mindfulness a part of everyday life
- Work with mindfulness as it relates to self-image, academic pressure, life transitions, and communication
Date and Time:
April 23, 2011 to May 28, 2011
Saturdays, April 23, 30, May 7, 14, 21 & 28, 10 a.m. to noon
Bryn Mawr Hospital
Clothier Living Room
130 South Bryn Mawr Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Cost is $375; limited financial assistance is available and payment arrangements can be discussed on an individual basis; $75 discount for children of Jefferson and Main Line Health employees.
Please call 215-913-8866, or e-mail email@example.com with questions or to register. An orientation interview will be scheduled prior to start of class.
Donald McCown, MAMS, MSS, who teaches MBSR foundation and graduate courses in Jefferson's Stress Reduction Program and teaches and supervises professionals who apply mindfulness in their work.